The 1920’s saw guernsey numbers introduced, replacement of an injured player allowed, interstate football played against the Victorian amateurs, a Challenge Final played at National Park, and Hugh Millard begin a 33-year reign as Secretary of the Amateur League.

An A2 grade was introduced in 1928. By 1929 the number of affiliated clubs had grown to thirteen with the entry of Henley and Grange, Y.M.C.A., Teachers’ Training College, Prince Alfred OC, South Adelaide Ramblers, St. Augustine, St. Peters OC, Underdale and Scotch OC.

St. Peter’s School and PAC had left along with Glenferrie and St. Francis Xavier, while East Adelaide, Prospect, Dulwich, Goodwood and Marryatville all came and went within the decade.

History Home